Re: 7.3 Prepared statements

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: 7.3 Prepared statements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 08:00, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> Are any hackers working on a protocol level implementation? Has it been deemed
> unnecessary?

There was some talk about doing a protocol-level implementation in 7.4.
Since it would require a change in the FE/BE protocol (naturally), it
would be nice to do it at the same time as a bunch of proposed minor
cleanups to the FE/BE protocol, so we can do everything in one fell
swoop.

One benefit of a protocol-level implementation is that the data passed
to the EXECUTE would be able to bypass the parser -- so if you're
inserting gigabytes of text strings, it can avoid a potential
bottleneck.

> This may be an area where I could help with some C development.

Please do. I'm a bit busy w/ school at the moment, but if you have any
questions, I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Neil