Re: server-side prepared

От Felipe Schnack
Тема Re: server-side prepared
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
  I'm using an old CVS version, because I need the changes I made to the
driver regarding insert statements' DEFAULT keyword (new in 7.3)... I'm
waiting my patch to be applied so I can download the sources...
  Maybe I can apply the patches in my copy? How?

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 17:26, Scott Lamb wrote:
> Felipe Schnack wrote:
>
> >   I just can't use server-side prepared statements
> >   Here is a snippet of my sources, note that the column I'm inserting is
> > of "bigint" data type
> >   PreparedStatement prep = Connection.prepareStatement("insert into
> > tablename values (?)");
> >   prep.setNull(1, Types.BIGINT);
> >   prep.executeUpdate();
> >   For some strange reasons when I execute that I get the following
> > error: "Column 'cpf' is of type BIGINT, but expression is of type text"
> >   Well, I specified the BIGINT type correctly, What can I do?
> >

> Are you using the latest CVS release? I encountered this bug, too -
> you'll probably find setting a non-null integer value works, but it
> always thinks nulls are of type text. It was fixed in CVS a while ago,
> but that version wasn't released with 7.3.0 or 7.3.1.
>
> Scott

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
felipes@ritterdosreis.br