synchronized code

От Felipe Schnack
Тема synchronized code
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
  I'm quite worried with the amount of synch'd code in our jdbc driver
code, we all know this is a very costly operation in Java.
  As far as I could see from the sources, the sole objective of these
calls are to avoid two processes accessing the same shared StringBuffer
we use. The strangest thing, IMHO, is that every time we use this
buffer, we are calling setLength(0) or, in plain english, resetting this
buffer. Is just me the paranoid or this isn't helping performance at
all? As I understand java, object creating is a very cheap operation
these days (in the old days it was slow), but synch'ing is VERY
costly...

--

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas