Re: French date

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: French date
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 10:10, evon600c wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there a simple way to configure the postgres server so that it always
> understand the french date format 'dd/mm/yyyy' ?
> Or is there a call i can perform in my client application that could
> have the same effect ?

SET DATESTYLE TO 'ISO,EUROPEAN'

> I wish i had not to set some easy forgetable environment variables such
> as LC_TIME.

For release 7.3 you can add this line to postgresql.conf:

DATESTYLE = 'ISO,European'

In earlier releases, you could define the environment variable

export PGDATESTYLE=ISO,European

before starting the postmaster - you could include it in your startup
script.
--
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
LFIX Limited