Re: can't build contrib/uuid-ossp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: can't build contrib/uuid-ossp
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Jeff Hamann <jeff.d.hamann@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've attached the config.log file.

> It looks like the trouble is here:

> In file included from conftest.c:92:
> /usr/local/include/uuid.h:94: error: conflicting types for 'uuid_t'
> /usr/include/unistd.h:133: error: previous declaration of 'uuid_t' was here

> So the problem is, apparently, that Darwin defines its own version of
> uuid_t that clashes with the one provided by uuid-ossp.  There are
> some #ifdefs around that bit of stuff on my machine, so it might be
> possible to #define your way out of the problem.

> If you figure out how to get it working, I think we'd be happy to
> accept a patch that fixes it, unless it's only failing due to some
> funky detail of your configuration, which I suspect isn't the case
> based on a quick look at my system.

On my Mac with uuid-ossp 1.6.2 installed in /usr/local, configure whines
as shown above but the build goes through just fine, which probably is
because uuid-ossp.c doesn't try to include <unistd.h>.  So the conflict
noted by configure doesn't really affect us AFAICS.  I would say that
if there's anything to be done about it, it's the uuid-ossp folks'
problem to solve not ours.