Re: Strange error in 7.3.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange error in 7.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Duncan Adams  (DNS)" <duncan.adams@vcontractor.co.za> writes:
> bash-2.05$ ./psql
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "."
> Welcome to psql 7.3.1, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Looks to me like you are trying to use 7.3 psql to talk to a 7.2 or
older server.  This will mostly work, but a lot of backslash commands
now use syntax that the older server won't understand (such as schema
prefixes, which is what causes the startup error).  Usually you want
to use a psql of the same vintage as the server.