Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?

От Daniel Serodio
Тема Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 17:37, Tom Lane wrote:
> Mike Bridge <mike@bridgecanada.com> writes:
> > The version of a proprietary library we have licensed does not
> > understand the extra decimal places in Postgresql 7.3 datetime
> > types.  (We are currently using it with Postgresql 7.1.)  But
> > everything else appears to work fine with the new 7.3 jdbc driver.
>
> Why don't you just declare your timestamp columns as timestamp(0),
> so that the extra decimal places are suppressed?

    Most likely because the DB is already being used in production. I ran
into this problem when upgrading our DB admin upgraded our server from
7.1 to 7.2, without letting us know.
    We upgraded the driver to 7.2 and it worked, but I really cursed
whoever thought that changing the default behaviour of a timestamp
column was a good idea.
    It's a PITA, but I think your best bet is to make a full ASCII dump of
your DB, replace 'timestamp' with 'timestamp (0)' and recreate it.
    Good luck, and let us know of the outcome.

--
[]'s
Daniel Serodio

Сообщение: Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?
Сообщение: Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?