Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Mike,

I would have to concur with tom here, the driver has gone through
extensive reworking since 7.1. On top of that, you are painting yourself
into a corner. You would be better to solve your problems now. Future
servers will not be compatible with 7.1 drivers

Dave
On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 14:37, Tom Lane wrote:
> Mike Bridge <mike@bridgecanada.com> writes:
> > The version of a proprietary library we have licensed does not
> > understand the extra decimal places in Postgresql 7.3 datetime
> > types.  (We are currently using it with Postgresql 7.1.)  But
> > everything else appears to work fine with the new 7.3 jdbc driver.
>
> Why don't you just declare your timestamp columns as timestamp(0),
> so that the extra decimal places are suppressed?
>
> > I've tested our stuff with the old driver and the new database, and
> > it appears to work.  My question is: is this a good idea?
>
> I doubt it.  There have been a heck of a lot of bug fixes in the JDBC
> driver since 7.1, so even if there aren't any compatibility issues to
> worry about (which seems unlikely), it would be much better to use the
> up-to-date driver.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>

Сообщение: Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?
Сообщение: Re: Using 7.1 driver with 7.3?