Re: 9.1.3 backends getting stuck in 'startup'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.1.3 backends getting stuck in 'startup'
Дата
Re: 9.1.3 backends getting stuck in 'startup'  (Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> writes:
> Oh, good idea!  Looks like pg_buffercache is installed in this DB.  Customer
> reports that it has been installed since the server has existed (and on the
> previous server) but is not currently being used, though the issue with the
> hanging startups did not start until this morning. Could it still cause
> contention even if it's not being executed?

No, it shouldn't.  Perhaps we should start asking questions around the
idea of "so what changed this morning?".  There has to have been some
triggering cause, a configuration change or application change or
something.