Re: ident auth not working on 7.3.1

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: ident auth not working on 7.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 21:45, Scott Lamb wrote:
> I can't get ident auth to work on 7.3.1. I'm using Linux 2.4 (RedHat 7.3).

>      [postgres@calvin data]$ egrep '^[^#]' pg_hba.conf
>      local all all ident
                           ^^^^^^^^
missing parameter, e.g., sameuser

>      [postgres@calvin slamb]$ id
>      uid=26(postgres) gid=26(postgres) groups=26(postgres)
>      [postgres@calvin slamb]$ psql template1
>      psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "postgres"
>
> What could cause this?

You haven't added the map parameter after "ident".  Try "ident
sameuser", so that anyone can connect to PostgreSQL using his Unix login
(provided that he has also been created as a PostgreSQL user).

     "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding
      in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
      And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the
      glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were
      sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, " Fear not;
      for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which
      shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day
      in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the
      Lord."        Luke 2:8-11