Re: Database superuser

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Database superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 17:11, javier garcia wrote:
> Hi all;
> I think these are absolutly basic question:
>
> I guess every database can have a different super user. Isn't it?

No.  Normally, users are defined once for the whole set of databases
handled by one postmaster (one $PGDATA directory).  Superuser authority
attaches to the user alone.

There is a new facility in 7.3 to define per-database users, but it is
turned off by default.  (The GUC name is DB_USER_NAMESPACE; see admin
manual 3.4.4.)

> Other question is: how can I know how is the superuser of a database?

SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE usesuper;

     "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shall call
      his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from
      their sins."            Matthew 1:21