Re: [pgsql-general] Daily Digest V1 #2891

От Karl DeBisschop
Тема Re: [pgsql-general] Daily Digest V1 #2891
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 11:22, Jochem van Dieten wrote:
> > No bites on the offset from UTC yet, but this definitely cleans up some
> > code.
>
> SELECT ... AT TIME ZONE '...' perhaps?

I don't see how that helps. to_char() still doesn't document a format
specifier for offset from UTC, at least as far as I can see.

I could do

| news=> set datestyle TO 'ISO';
| SET VARIABLE
| news=> select now();
|               now
| -------------------------------
|  2002-12-19 11:27:40.145603-05
| (1 row)

But that has spaces instead of the 'T'

I want to be able to pass this in and out of HTTP GET statements without
having to worry about ecaping/unescaping spaces. If I could tweak the
ISO output format, that would be fine too. Maybe I'll look down that
alley... (in that case, I'd want to decrease the time precision too, but
that would not be necessary, only desirable).

Thanks though, and if I missed something in your suggestion, feel free
to set me straight.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com>
Pearson Education/Information Please