Re: Conversion between UNICODE and LATIN1 is not supported

От Dries Verachtert
Тема Re: Conversion between UNICODE and LATIN1 is not supported
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

Do you have other databases that work with UNICODE? You can check the
encoding of all your databases with 'psql -l'. You can check if you can
create any unicode databases with 'createdb -E UNICODE mytestdatabase'.

I didn't use postgresql on solaris yet, so the following is just a
guess: maybe you need to install additional solaris packages. For
example to get tomcat/java working with utf-8/unicode/.. instead of
plain ascii, we need at least the following on our systems:

SUNWloc        System Localization
SUNWlocx       System Localization (64-bit)
SUNWeuluf      UTF-8 L10N For Language Environment User Files
SUNWeulux      UTF-8 L10N For Language Environment User Files (64-bit)

Kind regards,
Dries Verachtert