Re: [BUGS] Combination of ordered-set aggregate function terminates JDBC connection on PostgreSQL 9.6.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Combination of ordered-set aggregate function terminates JDBC connection on PostgreSQL 9.6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Pantelis Theodosiou <ypercube@gmail.com> writes:
> - it can be seen with only rank and dense_rank, with any order by (asc,
> desc, null):
> select
>   rank(1) within group (order by a),
>   dense_rank(1) within group (order by a)
> from (values (1)) t(a) ;

Check ...

> - but it doesn't happen if   (values (1)) is replaced with a single row
> table.

It did for me.  I'm using a debug-enabled build, which typically helps
to make this sort of thing more reproducible.

regression=# create table t(a int) ;
CREATE TABLE
regression=# insert into t values(1);
INSERT 0 1
regression=# select rank(1) within group (order by a), dense_rank(1) within group (order by a)
from t;