Re: Changing a column's type

От Hadley Willan
Тема Re: Changing a column's type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry perhaps I wasn't clear.

FUNCTION fn_create_new_item()
    _seq RECORD;
begin
    SELECT INTO _seq NEXTVAL(''source_sequence'');
    ..do stuff, insert ....
    PERFORM fn_b( _seq.next_value );
end;

FUNCTION fn_do_stuff_with_new_item_id( INT )

Call to fn_b breaks because _seq.next_value is of type BIGINT.

--
Hadley Willan > Systems Development > Deeper Design Limited. +64(7)377-3328
hadley.willan@deeper.co.nz > www.deeperdesign.com > +64(21)-28-41-463