Re: client for solaris

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: client for solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[ I removed pgsql-sql from the CC list ]

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 16:41, Aravind Vinnakota wrote:
>   I am looking for a postgreSQL client for installing on a Solaris 8
> machine. The basic idea is to use the client and retrive the data from
> a database running on another machine without actually connecting to the
> database server.

That makes no sense -- if you want to retrieve data from the database on
another machine, you need to connect to it.

>  So, I want to know where I can get the client for
> solaris? I am assuming postgreSQL will run on solaris? I can make a
> package from the source. By client, I mean the client libraries.

Yes, PostgreSQL runs on Solaris. I believe you can install just the
command-line client (psql), by doing:

$ ./configure ...
$ make
$ make -C src/bin/psql install