pg_hba.conf parse error gives wrong line number

От Oliver Elphick
Тема pg_hba.conf parse error gives wrong line number
Дата
Re: pg_hba.conf parse error gives wrong line number  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
With this pg_hba.conf (line numbers from vi, of course):
 48 # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS       IP-MASK          METHOD     49  50 local   all         all
                                 ident         sameuser 51 host    all                     127.0.0.1        127.0.0.1
    ident s        ameuser 52

we naturally get a parse error because of the missing user column entry
in line 51.  But in the log we see:

Dec 10 19:27:42 linda postgres[10944]: [8] LOG:  parse_hba: invalid
syntax in pg_hba.conf file at line 95, token "ident"

In a more complicated file, a bogus line number is going to make
debugging very tricky.  I tried following this in gdb, but haven't
managed to track it through the fork of the new backend.

========================================   "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of      God, that ye
presentyour bodies a living sacrifice,      holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable      service."
Romans 12:1