Re: BUG #5741: syslog line length

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5741: syslog line length
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Noah Misch <noah@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> A PG_SYSLOG_LIMIT value that loses data to truncation on nearly every default
> GNU/Linux installation makes for a poor default.

When I changed it, it was on the strength of tests showing that Fedora
8's default syslogger had a limit of 2KB.  A quick check shows this is
still the case in Fedora 15.  So I'm not convinced that "nearly every"
is anywhere near true.

> How about 896?

But having said that, I could go with 896 (or perhaps 900, which seems
a shade less weird).

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5741: syslog line length
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5741: syslog line length