Re: 7.4 - TODO : IpcSemaphoreCreate: No space left on

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: 7.4 - TODO : IpcSemaphoreCreate: No space left on
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 10:13, Dan Langille wrote:
> This error is accompanied by a suggestion to change SEMMNI or SEMMNS.
>  In this case, that suggestion is not appropriate.  Read below for
> the scenario.

> Suggestion: Can we modify the error message to include checking for a
> running postmaster?

What basically happened is that you were running two copies of the
postmaster at the same time, so you needed enough shared memory +
semaphores for both of them. There's no fundamental difference between
using up all your shared memory with other postmasters, or with other
applications that use shm/semaphores. In either case, the postmaster's
error message is still valid:
   It occurs when either the system limit for the maximum number of   semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide
maximumnumber of   semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded.  You need to raise the   respective kernel parameter.

... although it perhaps doesn't tell the entire truth. Would it be
sufficient to add a note to the documentation about the possibility of
other applications using shared memory / semaphores?

Cheers,

Neil

Сообщение: Re: 7.4 - TODO : alter table drop foreign key
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 - TODO : alter table drop foreign key