Re: [GENERAL] Column information

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Column information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Think I answered my own question. Numeric refers to all the types under:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/datatype-numeric.html
> not just the specific type numeric.

Right.  This overloading of the term "numeric" is a bit unfortunate,
but it's not all our fault, because the SQL standard does the same
thing --- for instance they write

    — The data types NUMERIC, DECIMAL, SMALLINT, INTEGER, and BIGINT are
      collectively referred to as exact numeric types.
    — The data types FLOAT, REAL, and DOUBLE PRECISION are collectively
      referred to as approximate numeric types.
    — Exact numeric types and approximate numeric types are collectively
      referred to as numeric types. Values of numeric types are referred
      to as numbers.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Column information
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Column information