Re: [ADMIN] how to alter sequence.

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [ADMIN] how to alter sequence.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shridhar Daithankar kirjutas K, 04.12.2002 kell 20:51:

---------------+------------+--------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+---------+-----------+-----------
> >  seq           |          1 |            1 |        99 |         1
> > |           1 |       1 | f         | f

I just discovered that changing these numbers does not change how the
sequence behaves ;(

Even after restarting the backend! Sorry!

> That makes me wonder. If sequense is treated like a single column single row
> table and it's value is guarenteed to be increasing even in case of aborted
> transaction, is it correct to say that postgresql already has nested
> transactions, albeit dormant?

No. Sequences live outside of transactions. I have no idea why there is
also a ingle column single row table created.

The output of \d command is also weird, for all sequences I get:

hannu=# \d seq Sequence "public.seq"   Column     |  Type
---------------+---------sequence_name | namelast_value    | bigintincrement_by  | bigintmax_value     |
bigintmin_value    | bigintcache_value   | bigintlog_cnt       | bigintis_cycled     | booleanis_called     | boolean

with only the Sequence name changing ...

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] how to alter sequence.
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] how to alter sequence.