Re: What could cause total crash of a postgres

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: What could cause total crash of a postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 15:05, Medi Montaseri wrote:
> I'hve also had some crashes that circle around memory management
> particularly free-ing memory.....

AFAICS these two crashes have nothing to do with one another.

> In my case it has to to with a functiion called pfree() which is a macro
> on top of free().

(BTW, pfree() is *not* a macro on top of free().)

You've posted the stack backtrace from your 7.2.3 crash in the past, but
AFAIK no one has followed up on it. Could you see if you can reproduce
the problem in 7.3, and if you can get a backtrace from a core dump
produced by a version of PostgreSQL with debugging symbols? (./configure
--enable-debug).

Cheers,

Neil