Re: Building postgresql from sources, statically linked, linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Building postgresql from sources, statically linked, linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rob Gansevles <rgansevles@gmail.com> writes:
> I would like to have a statically linked linux x64 version of postgresql
> 14.1 for creating a distributable sample database.

If you are trying to make the server into a monolithic object, that's
not something we support or have any particular interest in supporting.
Extensions such as PLs are always built as shared libraries.  So are
the encoding conversion modules, which your build is failing on before
it gets to any others.  It would take a good deal of fooling around
to change that, both in the build process and in the way that the
core server invokes that functionality.

Statically linking client-side programs such as psql is more within
the realm of feasibility, but you'd have to adjust just those builds
rather than trying to apply --static across the board.

Сообщение: Re: Unifying VACUUM VERBOSE and log_autovacuum_min_duration output
Сообщение: Re: Unifying VACUUM VERBOSE and log_autovacuum_min_duration output