Re: In RULEs, INSERT does not use DEFAULTs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: In RULEs, INSERT does not use DEFAULTs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> At one time, INSERTing a NULL into a column with a DEFAULT used to
> INSERT the DEFAULT.  Is there some way to get this behavior back?

PG has *never* done that in any version that I can recall, and it isn't
likely that we would install such an obvious violation of the SQL spec.

The correct way to get the behavior you are after is to attach a default
to the view's column (ALTER view ALTER col SET DEFAULT ...)