Stream data into Postgres via Perl

От Kevin Old
Тема Stream data into Postgres via Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,

I'm writing a script that will read pipe delimited data from a text file
and insert various fields into a Postgres table.  Below is some code I'm
trying to optimize:

while (<FHD>) {
    chomp; #removes \n
    chop; #removes trailing pipe

    @line = split(/\|/, $_, 502); #The line has 502 "fields" so
                      #them into an array
    $dbh->do("INSERT INTO cdl_16master VALUES(nextval('cdl_16_seq'),\'" .
join("\',\'",
$line[0],$line[4],$line[5],$line[6],$line[10],$line[11],$line[14],$line[18],$lin
e[22],$line[25]) . "\')");
 $dbh->commit();

} #end while

Just wondering if anyone has a better way of accessing the data in the
array or of storing the few fields I need temporarily until it gets
inserted into the database.

There's a better way to do this, but I'm just not thinking right.....any
suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
kold@carolina.rr.com