Re: [HACKERS] UnixWare/CVS Tip/initdb.c needs to use

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: [HACKERS] UnixWare/CVS Tip/initdb.c needs to use
Дата
Список pgsql-patches

--On Friday, March 19, 2004 10:55:53 -0500 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> > I'll ask the compiler guys, but I suspect we're going to have to do it
>> > this way.
>> >
>>  From the Compiler Guys:
>>
>>  The a.out (not any library) should be linked with -Kpthread (not
>> -lpthread).
>> This will force libthread to be linked in the right order relative to
>> libc, libC, networking libraries, etc.
>>
>> In other words, the entire application either is or is not linked with
>> threads; it's not a property of an individual library.
>>

>> SO, IF we are using the threads flags, we need to use them on ALL
>> libpq-using programs, ours or the users.
>>
>> Not surprising.
>
> Is this problem with just the native compiler, or gcc too?  Are enough
> other platforms going to have this problem or do I make a
> platform-specific hack for this?

GCC too, as it uses the native libraries.  I am NOT familiar enough with
the other platforms to answer the question.

LER

> --
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
> 19073

Вложения

От: Larry Rosenman
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UnixWare/CVS Tip/initdb.c needs to use
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: FAQ updates