Re: pg_dumpall not working?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall not working?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Siebert <david@eclipsecat.com> writes:
> Okay I have version 8.0.2 installed on CentOS 4.0 with all updates.
> I SSH into the server and try and run pg_dump all and get a stream of
> errors on the server screen but not on my ssh.

What do you get from

ls -Z /usr/bin/pg_dumpall
ls -Z /usr/bin/pg_dump

?  On a reasonably up-to-date Fedora Core 3 system I get

-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:bin_t          /usr/bin/pg_dumpall
-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:bin_t          /usr/bin/psql

but it sounds a lot like you have something else, like postgresql_exec_t
(which is set up to forbid writes to /dev/tty, I believe).  If so, try
restorecon on these files to see if that fixes it.  If not, you have an
out-of-date SELinux policy RPM ... update that, or complain to CentOS
that they haven't borrowed Red Hat's latest version yet ;-)