Re: WIP patch: improve documentation for user defined final functions of aggregates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP patch: improve documentation for user defined final functions of aggregates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <markdilger@yahoo.com> writes:
> The fact that a final function may be called
> multiple times does not appear to be mentioned
> in the docs,

It's in xaggr.sgml, near the discussion of AggCheckCallContext
(the end of section 35.10, in current HEAD's section numbering).

In general, people writing C functions should not expect that they
can scribble on pass-by-ref arguments, so I don't see a need to
belabor the point in multiple places.