Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dave Page" <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 18/01/2008, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> uname is a separate executable.  If you do system("uname") you'll get
>> results that reflect how uname was built, not how Postgres was built.

> My suggestion was that we take the output of uname at configure/build
> time and bung it in a macro, not do anything with system() at
> runtime...

Ah.  That would work better than what I thought you were suggesting, but
I still don't trust it a whole lot --- there's the problem of "universal
binaries" (PPC & PPC64 & Intel) for instance, which I believe some
people have managed to build Postgres as.

> Anyway, Peter's suggestion seems much tidier.

Agreed.  Also we could have it today if we base it off inspection of
pg_control_version.

Сообщение: Re: [OT] RAID controllers blocking one another?
Сообщение: Re: [OT] RAID controllers blocking one another?