Re: Index build temp files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Index build temp files
Дата
Re: Index build temp files  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Alright, this isn't quite as open-and-shut as it may have originally
> seemed.  We're apparently cacheing the temp tablespaces which should be
> used, even across set role's and security definer functions, which I
> would argue isn't correct.

Ah.  Yeah, that would be true.

We do have mechanism that forces search_path to be recomputed across
changes of active role, but it's expensive to do that, and it seems
of rather debatable value to do it here --- it certainly wouldn't
improve Stephen's original problem, much less the other issues he
raises here.

What would people think of just eliminating the access-permissions
checks involved in temp_tablespaces?  It would likely be appropriate to
change temp_tablespaces from USERSET to SUSET if we did so.  So
essentially the worldview would become that the DBA is responsible for
the temp_tablespaces setting, not individual users.