Re: RPMS for 7.3 beta.

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: RPMS for 7.3 beta.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 05:02, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > I'm unhappy because I know that I will get bug reports that I will have
> > to deal with.  They will take time and effort and would not be necessary
> > if we had a seamless upgrade path.
>
> This last line gave me a chuckle.  It is like "software wouldn't be
> necessary if computers could read people's minds".  :-)

Not really!  We know what the formats are before and after.

We want PostgreSQL to be the best database.  Why on earth can we not
have the same ambition for the upgrade process?

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
========================================   "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure,      pressed down, and
shakentogether, and running over,      shall men pour into your lap. For by your standard of      measure it will be
measuredto in return."                                          Luke 6:38