Re: NOTICE causing SQLException

От Daniel Serodio
Тема Re: NOTICE causing SQLException
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 11:56, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:40:33AM -0300, Daniel Serodio wrote:
>
> > *** TerminalManagerError connecting to the DataBase:
> > Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report
> > this exception: Exception: java.sql.SQLException: NOTICE:  Query
> > statistics are disabled because parser, planner, or executor statistics
> > are on.
>
> There's a series of statistics settings in the postgresql.conf file.
> They cannot all be turned on.  You're probably right in thinking that
> this is a mistake the driver is making, because that is just a NOTICE
> and not an ERROR.  Anyway, you can put the statistics pieces back the
> way they were, and SIGUP the postmaster, and you should be set.  The
> settings you want are
>
> #show_parser_stats = false
> #show_planner_stats = false
> #show_executor_stats = false
> #show_query_stats = false
>
> (Those are the defaults.)  If any of parser, planner, or executor are
> true, the query ones are unavailable.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. That's what he (the DBA) did to get the
system up again, after I told him to undo whatever changes he had done
to postgresql.conf. However, I think the JDBC driver really should
handle NOTICEs more gracefully.

--
[]'s
Daniel Serodio

Сообщение: Re: NOTICE causing SQLException
Сообщение: Re: NOTICE causing SQLException