Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
John Hansen <john@geeknet.com.au> writes:
>> On the contrary I'm using it for something that isn't really what it was
>> designed for precisely *because* of the index methods. What index access
>> methods are you looking for that are lacking?
>>
>> db=> explain select * from foo where foo_code << '4.0.0.0/8';

> explain select * from foo where foo_code >> '220.244.179.214/32';

Note also that the btree optimization for << depends on having a
plan-time-constant righthand side; so it's useless for joins, for
instance.  I didn't look closely, but I'd suppose that rtree could
help for << searches without that constraint.

Looking to the future, it might be better to base this on gist instead
of rtree indexes --- gist is being worked on semi-actively, rtree isn't
really being touched at all.

But the immediate problem is that I don't think we can integrate this
if it doesn't handle IPv6 addresses.  We aren't going to want to
backslide on having full IPv6 support.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb