Re: BUG #16302: too many range table entries - when count partition table(65538 childs)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16302: too many range table entries - when count partition table(65538 childs)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 9:49 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We'd have to widen AttrNumber to int32 and find all the places that
>> assume it's only 16 bits.  (Good luck with testing your way to having
>> any confidence in having found them all, so I'm not sure exactly how
>> to acquire such confidence.)  Maybe someday that will be a profitable
>> use of developer effort, but I have to say that I think that day is
>> a long way off.

> That sounds like a lot of work, but I think AttrNumber is used to
> store varattno, and I think varno is typically stored using either
> Index or int, both of which are 32 bits. Am I confused?

Argh, -ENOCAFFEINE.  You're right, AttrNumber is not the relevant
type here.  There's still an issue of whether anyplace has tried
to store a varno in less-than-int, but it seems less likely than
I was thinking earlier.

> (It doesn't seem like we're all that careful about whether we're using
> int, which is signed, or Index, which is unsigned, and we might want
> to go around and tighten that up.

Yeah, I'd be leery of trying to use that last bit.  The cost-benefit
ratio on that is *definitely* not attractive.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16302: too many range table entries - when count partitiontable(65538 childs)
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16302: too many range table entries - when count partitiontable(65538 childs)