Re: Retrieving ResultSets with millions of rows -

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Retrieving ResultSets with millions of rows -
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 20:45, Doug Fields wrote:

> >Ya, there is, it's a bit of a hack but the only way around it is to use
> >a cursor. Eventually the driver will do this automatically, but for now
> >you will have to do it manually
>
> That's what I was afraid you were going to say. Thanks for the response.
>
> Question: Do I have to do anything unusual with the JDBC Connection and/or
> Statement to put it in a certain mode? I'm not much on the interactions
> between the JDBC API and the database transactions (begin/commit, etc.). I
> also use the Protomatter connection pool; what do I have to do with the
> connection when I release it back to the pool?
yes, turn autocommit off, and then to be safe turn it back on before
returning it to the pool.

> Also, a slightly tangential question: If I'm only doing reads in the
> transaction (the cursor stuff), is there any performance difference if I
> COMMIT or ROLLBACK?
with autocommit off you don't have to do either, just do an end;

От: Doug Fields
Сообщение: Re: Retrieving ResultSets with millions of rows -
От: Barry Lind
Сообщение: Re: Bug in PreparedStatement and 'numeric' columns