Re:

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re:
Дата
Re:  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 14:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> > Let me reiterate.  I got these problems dumping 7.2 data with 7.3's
> > pg_dumpall:
>
> > 1.  The language handlers were dumped as opaque; that needs to be
> > changed to language_handler.
>
> Okay, we need to do something about that, though I'm not sure I see
> a clean solution offhand.

In 7.2, this will identify the functions that need to be dumped as
language handlers:

junk=# SELECT p.proname
junk-#   FROM pg_proc AS p, pg_language AS l
junk-#  WHERE l.lanplcallfoid = p.oid AND l.lanplcallfoid != 0;      proname
----------------------plperl_call_handlerplpgsql_call_handlerpltcl_call_handler
(3 rows)

> > 2.  The dump produced:
> >      CREATE TABLE cust_alloc_history (
> >         "year" integer DEFAULT date_part('year'::text,
> >                  ('now'::text)::timestamp(6) with time zone) NOT NULL,
> >     ERROR:  Column "year" is of type integer but default expression is
> > of type double precision
> >             You will need to rewrite or cast the expression
>
> Hmm ... what was the original coding of the default?
  year         INTEGER      DEFAULT date_part('year',CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)

> > 3.  A view was created before one of the tables to which it referred.
>
> This has been a problem all along and will continue to be a problem
> for awhile longer.  Sorry.

Is it not enough to defer all views until the end?  Why would they be
needed any sooner?

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
========================================   "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet      not I, but Christ
livethin me; and the life which I      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son      of God, who loved me,
andgave himself for me."                                               Galatians 2:20