postgresql euc/sjis utf8 mappings

От Thomas O'Dowd
Тема postgresql euc/sjis utf8 mappings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I've noted that in PostgreSQL 7.2.1 some of the utf8 mappings
of sjis and euc characters were different. One example that caught me out
was the double width ~.

'〜' (double byte/double width ~)
euc:  0xa1c1 -> 0xe3809c utf8
sjis: 0x8160 -> 0xefbd9e utf8

This caused me problems when a '〜' was loaded using euc and retrieved
using sjis as there was no sjis mapping for 0xe3809c.

I checked cvs and in the new mb mapping files, it seems to be fixed and
both euc and sjis now use 0xefbd9e. So I guess 7.3 will fix my problems
when it is released. Any idea when this will be btw?

My question is, if I can just get the new map files from cvs, ie:
x euc_jp_to_utf8.map
x sjis_to_utf8.map
x utf8_to_euc_jp.map
x utf8_to_sjis.map

and recompile 7.2.1 with no other changes (ie I just want the new mappings)
and expect everything to work? Or do I have to change some other
settings also or rerun some generator scripts or something?

Thanks,

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com