Re: Temporary Views

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Temporary Views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 12:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> > I was playing with this a while back (when I had initially added CASCADE
> > to tables).  I believe that in the event of a crash the temp tables are
> > not removed until their next use.  This means that stale *real* items
> > may litter the system but the temp table no longer exists in these rare
> > occurrences.
>
> Huh?  The view goes away at exactly the same time the temp table does.
> If you suffer a backend crash then that may be postponed ... but the
> view continues to work up till the instant that it's removed.

After a backend crash the temp tables exist, but are not usable by the
current backend as it is different than the one which originally created
the temp table (the crash causing a restart and everything).

So non-temp items which depend on the no longer usable temp table will
be broken until they are scrubbed, which does not happen until the next
time a temp table is created.

Not that it really matters, but moving a temp-table destruction event
into the startup sequence would solve it.