Re: Very slow insert speed

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Very slow insert speed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Do you have an index on the table? If so that could be slowing things
down as the db has to update the index constantly. If you are going to
be doubling the number of entries in the table you might want to drop
the index before hand and then recreate it when your done. You might
also want to wrap the inserts into several large transactions (say every
500 or 1000 inserts) rather than incurring the transactional overhead on
every insert.

Robert Treat