Re: oid's and primary keys on insert

От Rob Brown-Bayliss
Тема Re: oid's and primary keys on insert
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 08:22, Joe Conway wrote:

> what we called it, but same concept). We have the application call this
> function first to get the primary key for the main header record, then
> insert the header record, then reuse that value as the foreign key in
> the detail records.

Yeah, that would work, It would requirechanging the trigger, but as the
app is not in use yet thats not a big problem, call the function and
then insert with the key generated...

Why are the developers (maybe) getting rid of OID's?  Wont they then
have to come up with another way of identifiying data inside postgresql?

--

*
*  Rob Brown-Bayliss

Сообщение: Re: oid's and primary keys on insert
Сообщение: Re: oid's and primary keys on insert