Re: File size limit on pg_dumpall

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: File size limit on pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 15:00, James Kelty wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am upgrading from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 (yeah!), but I ran into a problem (boo!).
> I did a pg_dumpall on the database before I upgraded, per the instructions.
> But, the file  was something like 5.5G. So, of course, psql -f filename
> complains that it is too large. Any work around?

COPY out some big tables, then drop them.  Then, the pg_dumpall output
won't be so big.  Of course, you'd then have to COPY in the files and
re-index them...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |