Re: Convert number of month to name of month

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Convert number of month to name of month
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 07:02, Matthew Lock wrote:
> How do I build a query that takes a field containing the number of the
> month (1, 2, ..12) and displays it as the name of the month (Jan, Feb,
> ..Dec)?
>
> For example:
> 1 as Jan
> 2 as Feb
> etc.

In plain SQL, use CASE:

  SELECT CASE
           WHEN monthno = 1 THEN 'January'
           WHEN monthno = 2 THEN 'February'
         END AS month
    FROM ...

You could also write a function in PL/PGSQL...

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
      profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
      for instruction in righteousness;"
                                     II Timothy 3:16