Re: pgaccess libpgtcl

От Brett Schwarz
Тема Re: pgaccess libpgtcl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 12:04, Kevin wrote:
> I installed postgresql successfully on the RedHat 7.2 machine.  I now
> tried to use pgaccess to do some admin stuff.  First I got the usual
> error something about libpgtcl.so not found.  So, I downloaded the rpm
> package from postgresql.org web site and install it on my system.
> Then, I try to run pgaccess again, this time it complains about
> PQfreeNotify() not found.  What do I have to do to use pgaccess.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

If you compiled postgresql already, then you shouldn't need the RPM. In
the configure, did you specify --with-tcl? If you didn't, then try to
build PG again with that configure switch.

Another problem may be that it is just not finding the libpgtcl.so. Make
sure the environment variable PGLIB is pointing to the correct place.
For example, on my machine it is: /usr/local/pgsql/lib. It may differ on
your machine depending on where you installed PG.

If you still have problems, let us know...

    --brett

--
Brett Schwarz
brett_schwarz AT yahoo.com