Re: Trouble porting a Oracle PL/SQL procedure to PL/pgSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trouble porting a Oracle PL/SQL procedure to PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> writes:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Tony G. Harris wrote:
>> The problem is, when I call the function, I get:
>> sql-practice=# select update_pay();
>> ERROR:  pay_cursor: no such class
>> WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of update_pay near line 2
>> ERROR:  pay_cursor: no such class

> I think it's complaining because you can't use pay_cursor%ROWTYPE.

Yeah, you're right.  I didn't believe that theory at first because
the line number reference didn't point at the line with %ROWTYPE ...
but upon digging into it I find that plpgsql's code for determining
the line number to report is flat wrong for this case.  (I've committed
a quick fix into CVS tip, but I wonder whether the whole mechanism
shouldn't be rethought.  Calling plpgsql_scanner_lineno() all over the
place doesn't seem real clean.)

> Maybe declaring IndRec as being of type record may work (don't know
> for certain).

That's what I'd try.  We don't consider that declaring a cursor creates
a named rowtype ... I'm surprised that Oracle seems to think it does.
        regards, tom lane