Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

От Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
Тема Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
[Still no cc:s please]

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 14:28, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> * Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> [020730 08:01]:
> > On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 13:46, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > > I think one of the values of it is that it is something that no one else
> > > has.  It distinguishes us.
> >
> > Coooool. Let's have the 'automatically phone KFC if developer works more
> > than 8 hours non-stop' feature, *that* is something nobody else has.
> > Yes. Cool.
>
> Excuse me all to hell but are you in the junior debating class or what?

Sure, I was taking it to the extreme here (And I really am sorry if you
felt offended by my remark). But I strongly feel that having a feature
because 'it is something that no one else has.  It distinguishes us.' is
no justification at all.

Of course, if a feature provides some real use, then it is worth having
(yes, even if it's not in the standard). But exactly this seems not so
clear in the case of inheritance in postgres.

(And that's where I'm starting to say things I've said before. So I'll
just shut up now.)

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

Сообщение: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?