Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Scott Carey" <scott@richrelevance.com> writes:
> DTrace is available now on MacOSX, Solaris 10, OpenSolaris, and FreeBSD.
> Linux however is still in the dark ages when it comes to system monitoring,
> especially with I/O.

Oh, after poking around a bit, I should note that some of my Red Hat
compatriots think that "systemtap" is the long-term Linux answer here.
I know zip about it myself, but it's something to read up on if you are
looking for better performance monitoring on Linux.