Re: phpPgAdmin problem

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: phpPgAdmin problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Advanced authentication means you will be prompted for a user name and
password by phppgadmin. You would then enter a standard
username/password combination like with psql or any other app, however
you need to make sure that your pg_hba.conf file is configured correctly
to allow that user to login. (this is how the configuation information
is set below)

if you don't use advance authentication, you will need to supply a user
name and password that you will always use to connect with. In this case
you will not be prompted by phpPgAdmin for login information, but you
still need to make sure your pg_hba.conf is configured properly to allow
that user to log in.

in either case, your database should be producing a connection error
message that is hopefully being written to a log file somewhere, this
will help you figure out why it wont let you authenticate.

Robert Treat
phpPgAdmin team