Re: Virus Emails

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Virus Emails
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 21:44, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On 28 Jul 2002, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2002-07-28 at 20:10, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > >
> > > God, I go through 200+ of those almost daily as moderator ... imagine if
> > > we had the lists open? :)
> > I picked up a copy of McAfee's vscan for FreeBSD from one of my contract
> > people, and have amavisd-milter running to prevent them from even
> > getting in the door.
> >
> > Mayhaps pgsql.org should do the same?
>
> One of the many things on my list to do ... how do you find the vscan
> stuff?  do you find it slows down email noticeably?
SpamAssassin slows it down much more.  The vscan stuff is FAST, and
running as a Milter prevents it from even getting in the door.

Since most of my large mail is generally klez and friends, this speeds
up the SpamAssassin stuff by design.

I like the vscan stuff, and McAfee updates the DAT files at least
weekly, although I have the update_dat script from ports try every day
to get new ones.