Re: PostgreSQL slow after VACUUM

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL slow after VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutinovic@ev.co.yu> writes:
> - PostgreSQL 7.3.2 MDK5
> A couple of days ago, disk became full, since we were not doing VACUUM
> on the DB at all. So, I deleted all records from the 3 tables the DB has
> and performed "VACUUM FULL ANALYZE". This reclaimed the space.

The subsequent discussion pointed out that you probably shouldn't have
ANALYZEd right at that point, but I didn't see anyone suggest that you
should have done TRUNCATEs rather than delete all/vacuum full.  The
TRUNCATE way is a good deal faster, and it will also eliminate index
bloat while vacuum full won't.

BTW, 7.3.2 has several known serious bugs; I'd recommend an update to
7.3.8, if not upgrading to 7.4.*.