Re: OIDs (Or: another RTFM question?)

От Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
Тема Re: OIDs (Or: another RTFM question?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 18:12, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yes, WITHOUT OIDs just prevents the oid counter from incrementing as
> quickly and perhaps rolling over.  In 7.3 I think WITHOUT OID may save
> storage so I am going to avoid documenting it at this point.

Thanks for the answers, folks (I added a docnote pointing to this thread
so others may not need to ask the same question again).

Remaining question: if OIDs are optional for normal tables, why are they
created per default? Mandated by SQL? Backward compatibility?

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg